Welcome to SCBWI Social, where SCBWI members from all regions can share their expertise and meet new friends! We’d love for you to join us and add a link to your social media-based blog post. Let’s get social, SCBWI!
It’s a really good Friday to have our very first #SCBWIsocial, right?
Okay, okay, that was a pretty bad pun. Please don’t leave. We’re already nervous enough as it is over this new endeavor seeing as how none of us ATEB bloggers have any experience with link ups! (Or is it link-ups? Linkups? See? No experience.) But hey. You never know until you leap, right?
Here’s how this idea began: We’ve been thinking of ways to motivate members to be more involved with As The Eraser Burns, hence, our fabulous new Monthly Themes for submissions! But at the same time, we wanted to figure out a way where members can also showcase their own blogs in a way that provides valuable information and insight. Hence, #SCBWIsocial was born!
Truth be told, we’re not sure how this is going to go over. It could be a total flop or a whopping success. (Let’s hope for that latter, shall we?) For now, the theme will be any type of blog post regarding social media, for example:
- How to Build a Killer Pintrest Page
- Blogging with Confidence
- How to Balance Writing and Social Media (is that even possible???)
We do worry that keeping the theme to just social media might prove to be limiting so this might change in the future as we work out the kinks. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Until then, let’s have some fun and LEAP!
SCBWI Social Link Up Rules:
- Every first Friday of every month, we will be posting a Link-Up inviting members to contribute.
- Share a post on your own website/blog related to social media, whether it’s blogging tips, building a platform, ten ways to tweet, or what have you. Be sure to include the #SCBWIsocial hashtag.
- Link back to As The Eraser Burns so others can enjoy and learn! You can use this button if you’d like:
3. You can link any time throughout the month.
4. Have fun visiting and learning from everybody else’s contributions and leave comments! This is a great way to meet new friends and it’s polite link up manners. Failure to do so on a continuing basis will result in your links being deleted.
Okay, so there’s nothing left for me to do but leap!