Here on the official blog of the Maryland/Delaware/West Virginia region of the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI), you’ll find all the latest news relevant to children’s writers in this area.
Our MD/DE/WV Faculty
- Co-Regional Advisers: Sue Poduska and Kathy Macmillan
- Illustrator Coordinator: Rebecca Evans
- Events Coordinator: Sarah Maynard
- PAL Coordinator: Veronica Bartles
- Blog Coordinator: Laura Bowers
- As The Eraser Burns Blogger: Susan Mannix
- Critique Group Coordinator: Mike Karg
- Conference Critique Coordinator: Suzanna Banwell
- Member Coordinator/Twitter Administrator: Tracy Gold
- RA Emeritus/Committee member: Lois Szymanski
Laura Bowers: Laura is a writer, runner, reader, runDisney addict, and blogger at Write, Run, Rejoice and Joyful Miles. In the past, she’s been a waitress, bartender, telemarketer, secretary, golf course cook, real estate agent, and during her broke college days, one of those costumed characters at holiday parades. (Memories of being terrorized as a candy cane still haunt her at night.) At the age of thirty, she decided to pursue her dream of being a writer. Her first novel, Beauty Shop for Rent, a “Steel Magnolias for teens,” was inspired by a rusted sign by a charming old house. She later used fond family camping memories for her second novel, Just Flirt, and now, she can honestly say that writing is a thousand times more rewarding than being a candy cane!
Contact Laura at: email@example.com
Susan Mannix: Susan worked as a biomedical research editor for the Department of the Navy for fourteen years and has been a member of SCBWI since 2007. She writes young adult and middle grade novels. When she isn’t writing, she spends her time doing all things horses, including attending her teenaged daughters’ many competitions. Susan lives in Maryland on a small farm with her husband, two children, adorable black lab, two cats, and six horses.
Contact Susan at: firstname.lastname@example.org