Happy Friday! With only 22 days left until the Team SCBWI in MD/DE/WV Conference, we have lots of excitement going on!
First off, did you join in with the Virtual Conference Prep Party given by Sarah Maynard last Friday? I was in Disney on another crazy running adventure, but no worries, those of us who missed it can watch it here:
Sarah also did a recap on her blog with links to articles she mentioned plus a list of Twitter handles for all our faculty. Check it out here!
Our list of pre-conference faculty interviews continues to grow! We have several more to share in the upcoming weeks as well as tips to make your conference experience super awesome.
- Ava Jae, writer and Assistant Editor at Entangled Publishing
- Stephen Barbara, agent with InkWell Management Literary Agency
- Laura Shovan, author of The Last Fifth Grade of Emerson Elementary
- Vicki Selvaggio, associate agent at the Jennifer De Chiara Literary Agency
- Nanci Turner Steveson, author of Swing Sideways
- Janet Sumner Johnson, author of The Last Great Adventure of the PB&J Society
- Linda Camacho, literary agent with Prospect Agency
- Andrew Harwell, senior editor at HarperCollins Children’s Books
Also, for those in the Carroll County area, our lovely former c0-regional advisory, Lois Szymanski, will be the featured speaker at the Finksburg Library at 1PM on March 12, 2016. She will be discussing options for publishing: big vs. small, agent or no agent, etc. Lois has published 27 books for children and teaches writing classes at Carroll Community College. All are invited! Refreshments will be served.
Happy writing and drawing, and can’t wait to see you at the conference!