Happy Friday, everyone!
Here’s a quick Can’t wait to see you at the conference post and a few reminders!
- Do plan on arriving in time to enjoy our Registration/ Breakfast Snacks/ Book Sales/ Meet & Greet from 8:00 to 8:50, but please do not arrive before 8:00 so our volunteers have time to prepare.
- For those folks getting critiques, please check in 5 minutes early so you’re ready to go when your 15 minute session begins. Also, in case you need a reminder of your time, two copies of the schedule will be posted: One on the wall opposite the ladies room and another outside the Dining Hall.
- Remember to use #Lucky13 for all your conference tweets!
- Refer back to this post if you need any last minute tips for critiques, tweeting, First Pages, etc.
- Be sure to say hello to Susan Mannix and me!
And most of all, I hope you have a wonderful, amazing, productive conference!
Hey everyone! This is Susan being a total budinski in Laura’s post. Just wanted to add my two cents, or rather two links. Agent and YA author Marie Lamba, who is one of our faculty members this weekend, has a fantastic blog that I highly recommend bookmarking. Her weekly feature “Agent Monday” is informative and encouraging. She recently did a two-part post about attending conferences from “both sides of the table” as a writer and an agent:
Do yourselves a favor and read them both!
Happy conferencing, everyone! 🙂